If yes, then check the Immigration status of your Non-Ghanaian Tenant before giving an accommodation.
- THE GHANA IMMIGRATION SERVICE SHARE SOME NUGGETS IN RECENT MEDIA POST;
What you need to do before renting your property to a Non-Ghanaian
Landlords/property owners must please check the following documents of a Non-Ghanaian before granting tenancy agreement:
1. Valid national passport or travel document
2. Residence Permit
3. Visitors Permit
4. Valid Registration Certificate from the Ghana Immigration Service
In case of any doubt about the status of a Non-Ghanaian, kindly report it to the nearest Immigration Office.
Failure to comply with the above guidelines will incur the under listed sanctions:
1. On conviction of harboring a Non-Ghanaian, a two year jail term will be imposed or a fine or both.
2. In the case of failure to report to a District Immigration Office to a fine or 6 months imprisonment or both.
ALL CITIZENS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT FOREIGN NATIONALS WITH SUSPICIOUS CHARACTER TO THE NEAREST IMMIGRATION OFFICE OR POLICE STATION.